The 2nd pillar of the Catalyzing Inclusive STEM Experience All Year Round (CISTEME365) project is to work with the participating schools and IDEA Teams to develop, launch, and sustain after school, weekend, and/or lunchtime STEM clubs for students during the school year.
During the summer professional development, participating IDEA Teams learn about a curriculum that introduces engineering concepts to students through authentic, hands-on projects and activities. IDEA Teams then launch a STEM club at their school and implement this curriculum and other relevant content (approximately 2-4 hours/week during the school year). The CISTEME365 grant contributes some funds for related, multi-purpose lab equipment and materials as well as flexible funding. IDEA Teams are further supported throughout this implementation process by the engineering curriculum developers.
Interested in becoming a participating school? Visit How to Apply to become an IDEA Team site and create your own STEM Club!
STEM Club Resources
- Participating schools access resources via Learn@Illinois (login required)
- Public access to College & Career Readiness Series
School STEM Clubs
- Chicago Vocational Career Academy STEM Club
- Mahomet Seymour High School STEM Club
- Sarah E Goode STEM Academy STEM Club
- Smyth Elementary STEM Club
- Urbana High School STEM Club
- Daniel Hale Williams Preparatory School of Medicine
- Englewood STEM High School
- Marine Leadership Academy
- Richard T. Crane Medical Preparatory High School
- Roosevelt Community Education Center
- Wolcott College Preparatory High School