The 3rd pillar of the Catalyzing Inclusive STEM Experience All Year Round (CISTEME365) project is to provide connections and scholarships to middle and high school students from participating IDEA Team schools and STEM Clubs to attend existing STEM summer camps at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Summer Camp & Scholarship Application
Students participating in CISTEME365 schools must apply using the CISTEME365 form directly below. For students outside of the CISTEME365 network, please apply using the public application(s) available on the camp websites.
CISTEME365 application is due March 8th, 2021
This scholarship is available to any applicant who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- The applicant regularly attended a CISTEME365 participating STEM club.
- The student is enrolled in a CISTEME365 school and is a member of a group that is under-represented in the field of their chosen camp, such as women or gender non-binary individuals; students with a disability; students from underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities.
- The student is enrolled in a CISTEME365 school and would be the first among their immediate family members to earn a degree from a 4yr college or university.
- The student is enrolled in a CISTEME365 school can demonstrate financial need based on household income and the number of members in the household.
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for attendance at the applicable summer camps in the year same year they are applying for the scholarship.
Summer 2021 Options
All camps will be virtual for Summer 2021.
Watch the recorded Summer STEM Opportunities webinar to learn more about these programs.
For rising 7th – 9th-grade students
- Circuit, Code, and Physical Devices (July 25 – 29, 2021)
- Exploring the Engineering of Mobile Systems (MechSE) (June 27-July 1, 2021)
- Renaissance Engineering: Art, Design, and Mechatronics (June 27-July 1, 2021)
For rising 8th – 12th-grade students
For rising 9th – 12th-grade students
- 4-H Illini Summer Academies (June 27 – July 1, 2021)
- Illinois Aerospace Institute Summer Camp (Session 1: June 21-25, 2021; Session 2: July 12 – 16, 2021)
- What It Takes: Exploring Your Options Virtual Camp (Session 1: June 13-June 25, 2021; Session 2: July 11-23, 2021)
For rising 10th – 12th-grade students
- Aerospace Engineering [*EAGER] (June 27-July 1, 2021)
- USDA Ag Discovery Program (July 11-31, 2021)
- Catalyze UR Interest in Engineering (ChemE) [*IDEA] (July 25-29, 2021)
- Civil & Environmental Engineering: Addressing Societal Challenges (August 1-5, 2021)
- Cracking the Code: Demystify Computer Science [*IDEA] (June 27-July 1, 2021)
- Digital Scholars Academy (June 28 – July 30, 2021)
- Discovering STEM in ACES (July 11-23, 2021)
- Exploring Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering (July 25-29, 2021)
For rising 11th – 12th-grade students
- High School Summer STEM Research Programs (11th – 12th grade) [June 14-July 30, 2021]–Please note that there is a limited number of slots available for this option. Be sure to include a second choice option.
*Find out more about EAGER and IDEA camp tracks on the Summer Camps Frequently Asked Questions page. All are welcome to apply.